Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Pig Swap is all about swapping pigs.  I was inspired by the way early cinema was edited like as if it were a magic trick, and also by security camera footage.  For this project, I set up my camera on a tripod and hit record and did my thing.  The goal of this project is to show the "magic" of editing in a silly way.  Back in the day when when film editors were more magicians than storytellers, films would use cuts to create magic tricks that could not be performed in real life.  Such is the structure of this film as the pigs seemingly (but really its not seamless at all).  I also wanted to highlight the different spaces that exist in my room.  The sound in the video presents the activity that I was doing while filming them, which was watching Bob's Burgers and eating some chips.  It is clear through the pigs that their space exists in my room even when I am there and not paying attention to them. Our spaces are separate, but that does not mean that they do not intersect. 

No comments:

Post a Comment