Tuesday, November 24, 2015

The Pat Show

For my final project for New Media, I made a fake talk show based off of the Maury Show about a paternity test with the painting.  I played all of the roles, based on the idea of identity being created through costumes we wear, except for this it is based on the roles we play.  Identity to me is shaped on the actions that we have to complete, and how we view ourselves in a space with others.  I also wanted to highlight the idea of space and medium impact the audience differently.  For my performance part, the audience was forced to experience what I was doing as I was trying to directly engage everyone in the audience.  The video that I showed onscreen was a stock footage of an audience that I found on the internet archive.  I wanted to have the video of the audience to be the only professional part of the experience, and clash that with a very amateur show.  The amateur aesthetic has a more authentic feel to it and is more flexible for expression.  I had a lot of fun making this project and I enjoyed the class.

swag

No comments:

Post a Comment